Search This Blog

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Earth day does not move me like it used to

I'm not sure why. I just wasn't that excited about it this year. Am I getting old and cynical and bitter? Or just a little tired of "green" canvas bags from urban outfitters? And earth salvation silver bullet headlines? I've been challenged about living out sustainability daily by a co-worker-- whether it is getting off my butt to unplug my cell phone charger when not in use, or to buy sustainably raised chicken and local vegetables when possible. I agree with these things. But do I do them? A little accountability helps.

I guess what I'm really sick of is the shallow concepts of "picking up garbage and planting trees" cause I don't need a special day to do it. I want that to be part of my lifestyle...