Search This Blog

Sunday, June 21, 2015

Solstice Words

Romans 1/Father's Day
I dove above and below, skimming the waters, halfway 
in and out and
I cried out
He's got an exo-skeleton                                     (I will not be ashamed)
               a parched tumor of neglect                   (I will still pray)
               a vacant tare, un-embodied stare          (The righteous shall live)
               a pew bench beat                                 (Revealing faith for faith)
               a scar and an obtuse mouth                  (I am under obligation)
               an itch and a chemical feel                    (Your faith is proclaimed all over)
               a diesel engine procession                    (That we may be mutually encouraged)
               an anger dilemma, wait, it's a dungeon  (That I may reap a harvest) 
               a spelled out fate                                  (Is it too late?)

Thank you/belonging
Clothe me in your love and acceptance- I belong to Abba Father.
A rigorous advocate is the man Christ Jesus, the power of God resting on Him.
Who left his Abba Father to clothe himself, in humility and loneliness.

Thank you for this bitterness.
Thank you for this loneliness. 
Thank you for the unfulfilled yearnings. 
Thank you for the pit of pain and tears.

Thank you for coming, for leaving the Father's right hand, forsaking the glory from time immortal.
Thank you for wondering, your wonder on me.
Thank you for breaking in on bleakness and striving, and mediating a peace that now clothes me.
So clothe me in your love and acceptance- I belong to you, Abba Father.