Search This Blog

Friday, December 04, 2015

Taglines, profiles, and descriptions, oh my!

Certain sites and endeavors require profile making and tag line creating. Each site seems to offer a clean slate for creativity... Or alternatively, the overwhelming potential of decisions. Will I share it all, or what part of myself will I highlight? What do people in this community value, and do I want to impress them? So much pressure!

Someone recently noticed my Google profile, which I'm saving below for posterity. I created it a few years ago....I can honestly not say I'm a backpacker anymore. It's funny how things change. Themes that were once strong become fainter. And maybe there is less of a need to prove or express myself I certain ways? But on the other hand, isn't that an opportunity, to share my life and my God? Or is it all meaningless?

I'm not sure. It's digital, which can be ephemeral or annoyingly permanent. 

Google profile circa 2011 (?): Food & agricultural enthusiast, live music fanatic, coffee drinker, God lover, song singer, car camper, backpacker, crier, writer, photo taker, artsy fartsy crafter.