Search This Blog

Monday, October 08, 2018

The place (version 1)

the place i'm at with myself / not a physical place
though i physically feel my space

the place i'm at is myself
the feelings about this shelf
of bones and sinews, hair and skin
of eyes and nose, tears and throat
of lips and voice, expressions
aging, weight-gaining and leaning
scarring, aches and pain, receding glory

the place i'm at in myself
the seed that makes me unique
the soul / location unknown: loins, heart, brain?
residing of mind, emotions, and will
mystery still
though, me?
at least in consciousness in this instant
being; to be

the place i see for myself
making a name, fame, a title claim
professional skills, CV, LinkedIn network
referrals and influence
power and sycophants

the place i'm at
My peace with who I am, who I’m not
Where I’m at, what I’ve wrought
Has increased, as in, I have more peace
I am more at peace with myself
The place I’m at with myself is better
Lighter, righter

The place I’m at with myself
That is to say, my relationship with my heart?
personality?
semblence of habit and memory
what is this construct, contextual concept
constricting
confabulating
circulating- body, yes
soul (mind, emotions will)
spirit
(let's hear it)

maybe it is my soul I speak of (speak to)
my God you are a person,
in me,
my soul, you are, me?
what place, what shape?
where to live on, to taste?

nearer, nearer still to you, my love
requires this
recognition
decision
of surrender
to Lordship
to the place, the grace
of self-less self-face