Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Goodness

I can tell you one thing to make it better,
dontcha know
"next time I would make smaller batches," I confide, "with less cardamom"-
I can most likely react with sharp jab when threatened,
piercing retorts released rapidfire 
"you sound just like grandma"
I can recap the improvement experience;
it's a soundtrack; a lifestyle of autocorrect
where the default setting is set by the foundations of discontentment.

With compassion I see generations;
Sarah to Rebecca to Leah
Metered morsels of 'not enoughness' cloaked in 'opportunities'
This perpetual dissatisfaction,
a greenhouse for the critical spirit,
weeds of complaint and resentment flourishing
Unequivocal, my heart reveals i've
seriously doubted the sentiment 'good'
as in, "YHWH saw it was good,"

Er, in some cases, "very good" (the image-bearers),
and sometimes "not good" (to be alone)
Scornfully I disqualify that a flimsy word, half-baked judgment.
That is why
the beginning is the foundation of everything
the nature of the Beginner revealed in his judgements
And why
the Liar began by insinuating
the judgment seat was ripe for the taking.

I can see, now,
that these neurological paths
are veritable freeways for habitual thought traffic
And re-routing evaluatory assessments
to the foot-traffic of gratitude will take time.
Awareness and compassion will dance and Love will commence saying
Good;
not because I've improved, 
but because I am.