Search This Blog

Saturday, February 12, 2022

Undoing (part 1)

Prayer

for a steady mind

Not one flitting about unwilling to alight

Prayer 

for a brave heart

To face the face of loneliness 

(The cave I do not wish to enter) 

And to know I do not need a shining prince to save me; 

One rightful King has already named me and called me out.


Seen and known by him;

Every hair counted 

Every tear traced 

Every wind stilled 

Under his wings of faith


In my hiding He is seeking

In my screaming He is soothing.


All these doubts assaulted my well of being

I want to escape the pain and the not knowing 

Hollow and silent 

A grip of panic seizes me 


Reject it with a deep breath,

Willing me 

To just be.


Just being with him 

A Being, loved

Until I experience 

Being The beloved. 


Apple of my fathers eye

No goal but to become 

In his presence 

Who he says I already am


To rest in his naming 

As the child that I am


To be still 

And complete 

Centered in his heart 


Knowing intimately his gaze 

Compassionate understanding, patient pursuing

This is my undoing.