Search This Blog

Thursday, November 30, 2023

Then the end

Pangs got me reeling

Cries keening like bells pealing

Reckoning with the feeling 


That it’s all ending

Too much spending 


Overdrawing the account of lives and blood 


Breath and wings

And soft dying things


Blood let out 

Without a shout 


///


Why are we waiting for death (exasperating, anxiously horrifying, gripping and stunting, stealing and snuffing [out]). 

Death I don’t want to wait for you

I’d rather meet you, head on

Face to face 

And die 

I’d rather kill you 

Than watch my sons die

My brothers bleed out

My father wheeze away

Oh death, your sting permeates

Oh grave, you’re winning. 


///


“And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not alarmed, for this must take place, but the end is not yet. For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be famines and earthquakes in various places. All these are but the beginning of the birth pains.”

Matthew 24:6-8