Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 06, 2026

Covenant


Many have abandoned the wives of their youth

Wives deemed mentally ill, depressed, imbalanced, unwell, 

 

They have taken more youthful wives 

They have moved on with their lives

 

How much can you serve a person 

who is ill in their mind?

 

You can tend to their body,

But their soul is cracked,

 

They don’t get up from the couch,

They plague you with special extreme diets for fake illnesses, 

 

You just can’t live with them

You can live better without them

 

And I can’t quite bear it

The leaving of your covenant to pursue one more convenient

 

But I have not been in that dynamic

And I am a woman, so maybe I have too strong of a bias to defend my sex

 

I know that there is great sadness in the forsaking

Liberation for one and desolation for another, 

 

Or is she liberated too? 

From one who didn’t want to or couldn’t care for her? 

 

I don’t know, I just feel the depth of sorrow of God loving one who keeps breaking covenant, 

Until he seals a new covenant with his own blood 

 

And all adulterers and ill people are invited in to partake, 

to dine at the table of forgiveness

 

And eat the broken bread of his body, and drink the wine of his shed blood,

As one. 

They have taken more youthful wives 

They have moved on with their lives

 

How much can you serve a person 

who is ill in their mind?

 

You can tend to their body,

But their soul is cracked,

 

They don’t get up from the couch,

They plague you with special extreme diets for fake illnesses, 

 

You just can’t live with them

You can live better without them

 

And I can’t quite bear it

The leaving of your covenant to pursue one more convenient

 

But I have not been in that dynamic

And I am a woman, so maybe I have too strong of a bias to defend my sex

 

I know that there is great sadness in the forsaking

Liberation for one and desolation for another, 

 

Or is she liberated too? 

From one who didn’t want to or couldn’t care for her? 

 

I don’t know, I just feel the depth of sorrow of God loving one who keeps breaking covenant, 

Until he seals a new covenant with his own blood 

 

And all adulterers and ill people are invited in to partake, 

to dine at the table of forgiveness

 

And eat the broken bread of his body, and drink the wine of his shed blood,

As one.