Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

More inspiration: building and roasting sustainably

Sometimes I get so excited about all of the environmental projects that are going
on in the world! From Virginia to Kenya, it's awesome. The lovely Grist.org email
update linked me to the official treehugger.com website, which I had never heard of!
(not very hardcore, but I've always  known that- AND I continue to believe
that there are issues and lifestyle choices that absolutely take precedence
over treehugging.)

The Treehugger update for today included this amazing solar powered coffee
roasting article- a sustainable coffee lover's dream come true!
http://www.treehugger.com/files/2005/11/solar_powered_c.php

So from there, I headed over to Peace Coffee to find out their email and
let them know. I mean, wow! I see a big solar panel on top of the
Green Institute, soaking it up and roasting away!

By the way, the Green Institute is awesome- I’ve included a link here:
Https://www.peacecoffee.com/green_institute.htm

A special note about their “Xeriscape landscaping” which “requires little or no water and maintenance” spread out “over a four-acre site and 100 percent storm water treatment on site through natural percolation.”If we could get this to the University, Sarita Wetland would have no (or fewer) worries. : )