Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I like Research

I really do.

That doesn't mean I want to do it full time for the rest of my life, but I get excited when cool things happen. Like the Farm Bill in which "
Congress Makes Substantial "Down Payment" toward a Fair Share for Organic Agriculture Research" as an article by the Organic Farming Research Foundation explained.

"It's not just about supporting organic farmers," commented Steve Ela, of OFRF. "Organic research has already demonstrated important benefits for consumers and the environment, from reducing pesticide contamination in children's diets to conserving the health of pollinators. It can make a huge contribution to storing carbon in living soil. Added investment in more and better organic farming practices is part of solving many of the urgent issues we all face."

Hurray!