Search This Blog

Monday, September 25, 2017

We are shaped by words



These words I read or hear, every day of my life. These words I write and paint and meditate on.
These are my life, really, these words. The Word.

Words that sand away the rough edges, erode the weak banks, and pierce between the sinews.

Some words burn with love and fire, how beautiful is your love! I am your husband!

Some words convict with tears and weeping; who will open the scrolls! There is leaven of the Pharisees in my heart!

Some words scare me, and I feel guilt. You will give account for every word you say, if you ignored the hungry, the naked, the imprisoned, so you ignored me.

How refreshing, how enthralling, how fearfully and wonderfully made!

My heart is stirred and I respond with a noble theme to His words, with words.