Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Blizzard Breakthrough

Yesterday was a bonafide blizzard. We got 10.7 inches over the course of the day. My 25 minute commute became two hours with about four-five inches on the ground. It took an hour to drive one mile get to the freeway, and then an hour to drive the freeway and to get home. I also didn't have my phone to be able to get "live" reports on traffic routes. I just was driving by the seat of my pants :) (I probably should have left my car in the parking lot and taken the bus!)

I sat on one hill for more than 10 minutes without moving an inch, and I found that I started praising... suddenly I was just saying "thank you Lord, highway 94 is moving, so Robert street will move too, you are opening up the freeway, thank you Lord, thank you Jesus, things are moving, we are going forward, thank you Lord!"

And suddenly the traffic moved.

After being at a standstill, the cars started moving. I couldn't believe it! But another part of me could. I am in a season of pressing in through prayer, and I am seeing answers. HE is moving at the sound of my voice. It's amazing, and it's what He promised in His word. People have literally had words come out of their mouth that I prayed for them in secret. It's wild. It's surpassing my expectations. Because that's who my God is, He's a wild one! Surpassing my expectations, inspiring and prompting prayer on Robert Street so I can see with my own eyes the answer, the breakthrough!

Bring more Lord! More breakthrough, deliverance, salvation, the answers we are contending for. These requests we are making known, we are asking in your name, YOU WILL DO IT. In your power and might, do what we cannot do, send your breakthrough Oh Lord. Send it Lord. In Jesus' Might Name, for the cause of justice and uprightness, send Your Spirit, Pour out on us. Amen.