Search This Blog

Saturday, June 30, 2018

Knowing in part

The power of the name
is in naming
one observes,
watches,
looks
and sees
thereby knows,
in part,
a thing.

Familiarity
might mean you unsee
what you've seen
disregard your being
short-circuted irreverence 
efficiency matrix subtext
unmemorize the reoccuring signs
forget and uncatalog the lines. 

My pen on the page,
My finger on these keys,
makes an intentional regarding
of a feeling,
a capturing of a seeing,
an experience in creating,
a venture into knowing. 
There are many pathways: let's keep going. 



"By naming something, it becomes more observable, more memorable... those things inhabitants of cities unsee every day, because as yet they lack the vocabulary to make them a permanent part of the urban experience." -(HT to Daniel Benneworth-Gray)


"For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away. When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways.  For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known." First Corinthians 13:9–12 ESV