Search This Blog

Friday, February 13, 2015

Out of Hiding



This song hit me today... it was sung in the IhopKC prayer room and I was listening to the lyrics saying "this is me, right now.. lost at sea, without direction." (It was an excellent cover, btw, probably better than the original here). The perspective is GOD is singing this over his people, over his precious daughters and sons.
 
I am telling myself, I am with Jesus even in my lostness, and I want to see that reality is GOOD even (or especially) when everything is unsolved in my heart.

Lyrics: 
So come out of hiding you are safe here with me
There’s no near need to cover what I already see
You’ve got your reasons but I hold your peace
You’ve been on lock down but I hold the key
Cause I loved you before you knew what was love
And I saw it all it all, but still chose the cross
You were the one I was thinking of when I rose from the grave

Now rid of the shackles my victory’s yours; I tore the veil so you could come close
There’s no reason to stand at a distance anymore, you’re not far from home

I'll be your lighthouse when you're lost at sea, and I will illuminate everything

No need to be frightened by intimacy, no just throw off your fear and come running to me

...Oh as you run, what hindered love, will only become part of the story
Beloved, you’re almost home now, please don’t quit now, you’re almost home now to me

 
(and my from IHOP)...You really have dreams in your heart for me, you have a destiny, you will bring it to pass 

And though it's hard, I am trying to love the questions.