Search This Blog

Thursday, May 24, 2018

Up too late mad poetry

I've got that fire and God I'm mad-
Her rattling disclosure,
Mad at our fathers abandonment and neglect,
The pain that still springs while shards reflect.

Up too late and self-pity sad
With all the white lusting poets heeding only bread
That tastes like death
With hubris and dedication they stampede
Invoke the idolatry and commission the feed.

You, spotless One,
Can lead, and do, and will.
This disconnection is not a drill
It's real
It's a reminder not to sidestep
Not to blunt line the heart-time
The only connection worth living for;
All the others poor.

Forgive me,
My comparison veil.

My paltry giving.
My weak loving.
My shame keeping.

Redeeming One,
Rescuing Son,
Come, please.
In my need
Your voice,
let me hear it.
This ship
please steer it.
This wreck
write it.
This wretch
ignite it.

Quench my mad fire with Your ever-consuming flame.