Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Sometimes

Sometimes I write in a haze of fretting
Words misdemeaning,
Seeking to land on target,
Rest in the laver 
To spark the flame
Begetting life again

Sometimes I bleet
Like a wayward sheep
Stuck in my mind's underbrush,
Caught and locked up-
Until you find me and I'm freed up-
To roam with you unhindered
Hills and valleys, full surrender

Sometimes I think upon your love
It is said that the Word came
and became
A living dirt-born being
That among the stench of separation
You blew a fresh wind of freedom
Sacrifice, the most costly ransoming
Of the estranged with a ring

Sometimes I give up
My attempts to pen your kindness
To stand in your love
and never quit your presence
I look away from the mirror to You,
My Jesus. Your coming, giving, dying, rising
Love more than enough.